Sunday, January 31, 2010

When did it become ok for men to not take responsibility? Really? Between Chad not returning phone calls, Steven not showing up for dinner with his daughter and not even calling her while she sits in the restaurant and Aaron blaming me for his misfortunate finances and unable to see his daughter you would think that nothing would surprise me but alas!
It snowed this weekend and froze again turning everything to ice. Lauren is uncomfortable driving in the snow and did not have any food in the house for her and the boys considering that Chris likes to spend his paycheck before he even receives it. I took food over to her and was helping her out at her house some.
I drove to Walmart to get her a few things she needed and before I could even get in the store, she was calling me to come back immediately! So I got back in the car and headed back. When I got there the police were standing in her living room, the first thing I saw was Chaplin. Oh Crap, Chris has been in a wreck and is dead somewhere. But NO! Back last summer when he was home, he took her check card and took money out her account without telling her. A check bounced that she wrote since she did not know the money was not in there. He was going to take care of it.
On MLK Day she was going through a basket of mail that Chris has put aside the last time he was home before Christmas. In it she found a letter addressed to her about the check and how she needed to take care of it before a December 18th or suffer a $1000 fine and possible 60 days in jail. It was already January 18th. She called the number on the list several times that week to rectify the situation. She got no one nor did they return her call.
Well today they come to arrest her for the bad check. They actually took her away in the car, fortunately they did not handcuff her in front of the children, waited to get her to the car. Fortunately I was there and Alyssa was on her way over. Fortunately I had just gotten paid my paycheck and mentor pay on Friday. Fortunately the icy roads were ok for me to get to the back and get cash. Fortunately the magistrate only charged her the cost of the check and fees not the $1000 and I could pay it.
She called to tell him and he did not answer. He did not call her back until after I had left. Can you believe he told her to quit living in the past, it was done and over move on. It happened just this afternoon! He took no responsibility for any of it, none for her being in that situation. None for needing to rectify it. No responsibility at all and even got mad at her for talking to her parents about.
I really do not understand the male mind, or should I say the immature male mind?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home